HVAC systems need maintenance to maintain their efficiency and extend their lifespan. The same goes for your heat pump. If you use your heat pump as both a heating and cooling source, it will need both fall and spring maintenance. It should be maintained once a year if it is used for only one purpose.
Now is the best time to make an appointment for heat pump fall maintenance, before the temperatures drop. Our team of professional HVAC contractors will be at your home to set up your heat pump so you are warm in the cooler months.
Benefits of Maintaining Your Heat Pump
It’s common to hear that your heat pump should have fall maintenance. But does this really make a difference? Absolutely! You can reap many benefits by keeping up with your heat pump care and maintenance schedules. You will enjoy lower energy costs. Your heat pump will run more efficiently if it is maintained and maintained properly. It will use more energy if it works harder. This can lead to higher utility bills.
You will also save money on unexpected heat pump repairs. Any parts that need to be replaced or worn out will be noted by one of our technicians at your appointment. These parts can be replaced quickly and regularly to avoid your heat pump from breaking down or causing you additional costs.
The long-term benefit of regularly maintaining equipment is a longer life expectancy. Your heat pump will last longer if it is taken care of like any other equipment. This will save you money by replacing your heat pump later than expected.
What you can do on your own
Although we recommend that you have a professional HVAC contractor in North Myrtle Beach do the fall maintenance for your heat pump, there is still some work you can do all year. These are fairly simple jobs. If you need help or just want us to handle them, please contact us.
- We recommend cleaning your filters at least once a month.
- Regularly dust and clean your return and supply registers
- Take out all leaves, debris, and other obstructions around the outdoor unit. Keep everything at least 18 inches from it
- Wipe outdoor coils clean whenever possible
What We Do
Our technicians will inspect and clean all components of your heat pump. This will alert you to any wear or problems, and help prevent costly weekend or holiday breakdowns.
Here are some things you can expect from your maintenance/tune up appointment and what you can expect from our technicians.
* Inspecting ducts, filters, and blowers for dirt and obstructions
* Measurement to verify adequate airflow
* Measurement to verify the correct refrigerant charge
* Refrigerant leak detection
* Inspecting the electric terminals and, if required, cleaning and tightening connections.
* Inspection of belts for wear and tightness, as well as lubrication of motors
* Checking that heating is turned off when thermostat requires cooling, and vice versa.
* Validation of proper thermostat operation
Regular maintenance of your heat pump is a smart decision. The benefits will outweigh the expense of an appointment.
Call North Myrtle Beach Heating & Air now for all concerns regarding your HVAC or heat pump.
Like our Facebook page for more great info about HVAC services.