There are numerous issues you could run into with your heat pumps. Understanding the best ways to repair these issues, particularly if they occur frequently and if they need fundamental repair, would help you save money and time. In this post, we will cover the three top most common problems and a quick heat pump repair guide:
Heat pump power issues
A heat pump that fails to start correctly is a sure sign that it has power issues. Specialists concur that this is could be because of an issue with your thermostat or the system’s failure to conduct power appropriately. Below are some points you could do to settle this trouble:
- Examine all the breaker and electric panels that provide electrical energy to your heat pump. If it does not work properly, it could be caused by a tripped circuit breaker. In case this happens, just reset the breaker by turning it off then wait a few minutes before turning it back on. If this happens frequently, call North Myrtle Beach Heating And Cooling professionals in your area.
- Ensure you have the best type of thermostat set up with your heat pump. Remember that there are specific thermostats produced to work efficiently with a heat pump. If none of this makes your heat pump start properly, have a specialist check the electrical wiring of your thermostat. Your thermostat may not be wired correctly, harming your heat pump’s digital components and preventing the system from correctly conducting power and successfully operating.
Heat pump air changes
If you discover that your heat pump is generating cooler air compared to what it generally does, you must consider these factors:
- The appropriate thermostat setup – Among the usual causes of the adjustments in air temperature level from your heat pump, is the wrong setup in your thermostat. The initial setups might have been inadvertently changed the last time you cleaned your house. Try to see if it remains in the ideal temperature level setup.
- Unclean or clogged up heat pump filter – When was the last time you changed or cleaned your heat pump filter? If you are utilizing your heat pump more often than before, it may be that its filters can become dirty easily. Try to see if the filters require cleaning or changing.
- Unclean coils in the exterior condensing system – Similar to filters, the coils of your heat pump’s exterior condensing device could become dirty easily especially if used frequently. Follow the manufacturer’s guide to cleaning and replacing it. Calling an HVAC contractor for a maintenance check before the heat of summer sets in is the best way to prevent problems this summer.
- Overheating heat pump – You’ll know that your heat pump are overheating if it switches on and off frequently. According to heating and cooling professionals, this could result from a blocked filter or damage and malfunctioning blower. If you observe your heat pump cycles regularly, you may need to look at the filters as well as change or clean them if they are dirty and also loaded with dust.
For more questions about your North Myrtle Beach heat pump, call North Myrtle Beach Heating & Air. You may reach us at 843-399-3237.
Like our Facebook page for more great info about HVAC services.