Are you familiar with HVAC refrigerant or Freon? How can you tell if there is a leak?
Freon or refrigerant leaks can be identified
Methods that an HVAC contractor in North Myrtle Beach will use to find leaks.
- Perform a visual evaluation for signs of oil leaks with refrigerant.
- Use a high-viscosity bubble leak detection tool on the link and the joint.
- Use a special tool to detect halide leaks.
- Electronic leak detection instruments
- A shot of fluorescent color as well as a unique light detection technique.
- High Pressure nitrogen is the best option.
What causes Freon or refrigerant leaks?
The most common possible causes are as follows:
- System resonance over a certain period of time.
- Damage or misuse from outside sources
- Stress fractures on the copper/aluminum due to age and vibrations
- Service valves can wear out over time.
Why is it so important to locate the refrigerant leak quickly?
- HVAC in North Myrtle Beach run less efficiently when they have less refrigerant.
- The life expectancy of the compressor is reduced. The motor receives less air conditioning when the charge is low.
- Both refrigerant and services are costly
- Acid and contamination can cause premature compressor failure.
What happens if you find a leak?
If necessary, remove and properly deal with infected refrigerant with the help of an HVAC contractor.
- Use tools or a lantern to fix the leak mechanically.
- Use a filter drier ( s) to install acid/or moisture.
To get rid of any moisture or air, vacuum the entire system using a high-powered air pump.
- Test the system by recharging it with refrigerant.