North Myrtle Beach Heating & Air has been working with heating, air conditioning, and ventilation systems for years. We have worked in all types of buildings, from commercial to residential HVAC systems, from small to large. Our team has seen many things that could be improved upon, and we are sure you have too. We know what it takes to get your system up and running properly, and how to maintain it.
The Right HVAC Contractor Can Make A Difference
Many people don’t realize that the HVAC system is a vital part of any building, whether a small office or a large commercial building. A good HVAC contractor can make a huge difference in your comfort level. The system will keep you comfortable during the summer months, and keep you warm during the winter months. It will also help you save money on your utility bills by keeping the temperature within the desired range.
We know that when we go into a building that has a heating and cooling system that is not working correctly, we immediately notice that the building is not as comfortable as it should be. This because we are paying attention to the temperature in the building, and we are looking at the thermostat. When we see that the thermostat is set too high, or too low, we know something is wrong.
If you live in a large city, like North Myrtle Beach, and you are having trouble getting your HVAC system fixed, you may want to consider hiring an HVAC contractor. This is someone who has been trained and educated in the proper way to service these systems. They are usually licensed, bonded, and insured, and they will give you the peace of mind that you need to know that your system is being serviced regularly.
Questions to ask before hiring a HVAC contractor
When hiring an HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) contractor, it’s crucial to ask a set of questions to ensure you select a qualified, reliable professional who can perform the job efficiently and effectively. Here are some key questions to ask, along with the types of answers you should look for:
1. Are you licensed, insured, and bonded?
– Answer to Look For: Yes, the contractor should be able to provide proof of licensing, which indicates they have met state or local requirements to perform HVAC work. They should also have insurance and bonding to protect you against any accidents or damage.
2. Do you have any certifications?
– Answer to Look For: Look for contractors with certifications from reputable organizations, such as NATE (North American Technician Excellence) or HVAC Excellence. This indicates ongoing professional development and expertise.
3. Can you provide references or reviews?
– Answer to Look For: A reputable contractor will be happy to provide references or direct you to online reviews. Follow up with these references to gauge the contractor’s reliability and quality of work.
4. What brands or types of equipment do you service and install?
– Answer to Look For: The contractor should be familiar with a wide range of brands and types of HVAC equipment. If you have a specific brand in mind, ensure they have experience with it.
5. Do you offer written estimates?
– Answer to Look For: Yes, a professional contractor will always provide a detailed, written estimate that outlines the scope of work, the equipment to be installed, and the total cost.
6. What is your experience with energy-efficient systems?
– Answer to Look For: The contractor should be knowledgeable about the latest energy-efficient systems and able to suggest solutions that can save you money on energy bills.
7. How do you determine the size of the HVAC system I need?
– Answer to Look For: The contractor should conduct a thorough assessment of your home, including a load calculation, to determine the appropriate size of the HVAC system. This ensures efficiency and comfort.
8. Do you offer a warranty or guarantee on your work?
– Answer to Look For: Yes, ask for details about what is covered and for how long, including both the equipment and labor.
9. How do you handle service calls or issues after installation?
– Answer to Look For: A reliable contractor will offer prompt after-service support and have a clear process for handling service calls or issues that may arise post-installation.
10. Do you perform background checks on your employees?
– Answer to Look For: Yes, ensuring that the technicians who will be entering your home have been thoroughly vetted is important for your safety and peace of mind.
Asking these questions will help you gauge the contractor’s expertise, reliability, and commitment to quality service. Always take the time to research and compare several contractors to ensure you find the best fit for your HVAC needs.
If you have an HVAC system that needs repair, you need to call an HVAC contractor in your area. Knowing what to ask is imperative. In the North Myrtle Beach area, call the North Myrtle Beach Heating & Air.
North Myrtle Beach Heating & Air
1001 2nd Ave N
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582