What Are The Advantages To Having A Heat Pump?
A lot of people don’t really know the difference between a heat pump and a central air conditioner or simply air conditioning units in general. Basically, there are differences on how they operate. Although they are called heat pumps, they can also be used for cooling. When it comes to efficiency and overall usage, heat pumps are more favorable. If you are in the market for a new heating and cooling system, you might want to take some time to think about your options. Central air conditioners have some perks of their own but heat pumps carry more.
Heat pumps and why you should choose them over traditional central air conditioners
There are many benefits that a heat pump in North Myrtle Beach, SC could offer. Depending on the type of unit that you purchase, initial costs and energy savings will vary. However, you will be able to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Heat pumps are safer in general compared to other kinds of heating and cooling
- Heat pumps are more cost-efficient to run than fuel-based systems.
- Heat pumps require less energy which means a smaller carbon footprint.
- Maintenance is not as extensive compared to central air conditioners.
- Heat pumps provide cooling during the summer.
- Due to how they are designed, heat pumps can last up to 50 years when maintained by an HVAC contractor.
When you look at all the benefits you’ll get by using a heat pump, you won’t mind the minor quirks that they have. Although there’s totally nothing wrong with heat pumps, just like other systems, have some minor drawbacks of their own. Do note that these drawbacks are minor. The benefits of heat pumps still outweigh the cons.
Here are some slight drawbacks of heat pumps:
- High upfront cost.
- They require the expertise of a heating and cooling contractor like North Myrtle Beach Heating & Air Conditioning.
- The installation is a bit intrusive.
Basically, when you look at the two systems side by side, heat pumps trump central air conditioners at almost every angle. Of course, it all boils down to what you really need. Heating and cooling are not the same for everyone. Some homes require smaller systems while others require more massive equipment. With that said, when it comes to HVAC systems, you should consult your HVAC contractor before you make the decision to purchase.
For more information about heating and cooling systems, it is best to get as much information as you can. For the best results, contact North Myrtle Beach Heating & Air Conditioning. Your individual heating and cooling needs might be different than other households. That’s why you should have it custom-tailored for your requirements. Lastly, heating and cooling systems cost a lot of money to purchase, install, and use. That’s why you should make sure that you make the right decision the first time.