A heat pump can be used to provide heating and cooling here in South Carolina. Heat pumps offer many advantages over traditional cooling and heating systems such as oil or gas. Heat pumps are much more energy efficient, while still providing the same comfort. You should be familiar with how to use and maintain a heat pump if you’re a new owner.
Tips to help you use and maintain your heat pump properly.
- The thermostat should be set at one temperature. Do not change the temperature often. Temperature changes can make your system work harder and consume more energy.
- In summer, keep the thermostat at a comfortable 72 – 74 degrees.
- You should inspect the outside unit for dirt and debris every now and again.
- Do not attempt to pick off or knock the ice from the coils with a sharp object. You could also injure yourself by piercing the coils.
- Never place the heat pump under a leaking gutter. There are many problems that could occur if water is constantly dripping down onto the outside unit.
- At least 4-8 inches must be raised above the ground for the heat pump to work. This will protect the heat pump from dirt, debris, water, and other hazards.
Heat Pump Maintenance Tips:
- Air filters should be changed or cleaned once a month. This is a straightforward task and does not usually require an HVAC contractor.
- Keep the outside unit free from dirt and debris. It is important to keep the system in good condition by cleaning it.
- You must ensure that the outside unit has adequate airflow. This means that shrubs should be kept at least 2 feet from the outside unit, or further.
- An HVAC technician can perform preventive maintenance on your HVAC system at least once per year.
You should always have a trusted technician perform preventive maintenance on your cooling and heating system. Heat pumps are rarely out of commission. These heat pumps are designed for cooling and heating. For the best possible life expectancy, some parts are sealed. The system’s internal components could be damaged by natural wear, misuse, or lack of maintenance.
If you plan on having your HVAC system maintained, make sure you hire an expert such as North Myrtle Beach Heating & Air. HVAC systems are expensive. It is much cheaper to maintain the system than to repair or replace it. You need to first find an HVAC contractor that can inspect, maintain and fix any issues. It is easy to operate and maintain heat pumps. Follow the instructions and perform the recommended maintenance.
Are you in need of professional cooling and heating services? North Myrtle Beach Heating & Air is available for you today. We can be reached at 843-399-33237.
North Myrtle Beach Heating & Air
1001 2nd Ave N
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582