Regular air conditioning maintenance can help save money on your energy bills. An air conditioner that is not maintained regularly will lose about 5% of its original efficiency every year. Your air conditioner will have to work harder every year to maintain its original efficiency. This can lead to higher costs and more wear on the unit, which in turn will reduce its lifespan.
What does regular air conditioning maintenance provide?
- Ensure that your air conditioner lasts for many more years. This will save you money in the long-run.
- Help you get the most out of your air conditioner. You will save significant money on your electricity bills and enjoy a comfortable home.
- Ensures your system is running at peak performance.
- Freon levels are monitored and controlled. Freon levels can be low and prevent your system from cooling properly. This could also indicate that your system is experiencing a leak. Freon levels should be set to ensure optimal performance.
- Prevents condensate drains from becoming clogged and prone to catching harmful bacteria. The lines that drain excess water can become clogged with bacteria and water. Every visit, we flush the condensate line. It is important to ensure that these lines are clean in order to prevent water leakage issues. Algae tablets are used to treat areas where there is algae buildup.
- All parts are also thoroughly inspected. Oil and lubrication may be required for a squeaky motor. All electrical connections and control devices are checked for proper voltage and fit. We also calibrate the thermostat as needed and check the safety controls.
Peak Performance Club
Semi-Annual Maintenance Plan
Our Peak Performance Club is an exclusive membership for customers who think long term and opt to maintain their system(s), in order to ensure it is running at its peak performance year-round. This can also help minimize heating and cooling bills and pre-detect and/or prevent any potential threats to your system that could otherwise jeopardize the life of your system. Here at the beach, the salt air wreaks havoc on heating and air systems more than any other environment in South Carolina, which is why systems typically have a life span of only 8-12 years. This is why becoming a member of the Peak Performance Club is crucial to the longevity of the life span of your system(s). We treat these customers with priority service and we call YOU to schedule at your convenience. This membership includes semi-annual service on your heating and cooling systems, which includes:
- Check and tighten all loose electrical connections
- Adjust air flow for proper temperature rise/fall
- Check heat strips to ensure proper working order
- Check primary and secondary drains
- Clean and check condenser coil
- Clean and check evaporator coil
- Lubricate all moving parts (where applicable)
- Check operating pressures and refrigerant charge
- Monitor voltage and amperage draw on all motors
- Clean and check thermostats
- Monitor air conditioning cycle
- Monitor heating cycle
- Make recommendations for improvements and upgrades
- Visually inspect duct work
- Check all electrical parts and components
- Change filters that client provides
- Potentially lower energy bills
- Extend equipment life
- Fewer repairs
- Improved capacity and efficiency
- Priority client status which includes priority service during and outside of regular service hours
- Exemption from after-hours, weekend, and holiday service call charges in the case of an emergency
Spring is almost here. Isn’t time you called North Myrtle Beach Heating & Air for a HVAC checkup?
North Myrtle Beach Heating & Air
1001 2nd Ave N
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582